9.26.2010

nate is great

My good friend here, Katie, wrangled up some tickets to a taping of the new Nate Berkus show. I had only seen him a couple of times, on Oprah, but liked his decorating style. Plus his show is filmed in New York City, so I was extra excited to go! It was my first time venturing into the City, and was very surprised at how quick and easy it is to get there. Katie even found a great parking garage right next to the Manhattan Temple that is super cheap considering the options available. First we grabbed a quick (and delicious) bite before jumping into line outside the studio. We assumed that your spot in line would determine your seating inside the studio... WRONG! We were one of the first in line, but that is not why we were put in the front row. They forced us to sign our lives away, making us promise not to "blog" about selection details for the audience. Let's just say we got lucky and they must have really liked our outfits! The taping was really fun and we got really good at pretending to be overjoyed at the sight of Nate, and ignoring the huge cameras. I'm so grateful for the experience and can't wait to attend more tapings! So many great shows are filmed there. Hey, I hear they film Jerry Springer here in CT... perhaps next time the boys get a break from school.

4 comments:

Katie and Lane said...

eww I look gross. Its the beautiful flat rained on look. You look great. I would have been shoved to the back with out you next to me.

Stew and Terry said...

Amy, you kill me always having a good time. Can't wait to play with you!

Lari said...

All I can say is LUCKY DUCK!

Kell said...

i haven't even watched this dude's show, is he from oprah?
and duh you are a master seamstress! that little quilt you made evelyn was fantastic :)