5.10.2011

easter

I tried to have Easter all ready to go before having Crew since afterwards I wouldn't be able to do much. I sewed up some baskets for the boys, and took Landon to an egg hunt with a thousand other kids at the park by our house. The city hides millions of filled plastic eggs all around the play-scape then lets the "kids" run free and gather them up. I say "kids" because that is who the egg hunt is for. However, I had to fight many adults who's grocery sack "baskets" were FULL, just to scrape up a couple eggs for Landon. Afterward he wondered why his basket wasn't full like all the moms around. It made me pretty sad, if I hadn't been 9 months pregnant I might have been a little more aggressive or even caused some ruckus. Landon did get to meet the Easter bunny so at least he left happy.
Landon was spoiled all week by Grandma Terry, and then again by the Easter bunny Sunday morning. I myself found a nice surprise in my basket, and I'm not just talking about all the Lindor chocolate. Sam gave me rubies for Landon's birth and diamonds this year for Crew, I love my birthstone rings!

4 comments:

Kell said...

Aw... I remember when you got the ruby ring.

Spenc, Nikki, and the Littles said...

I LOVE those baskets! Seriously admire you for your creativity.

Katie and Lane said...

Can Sam teach Lane a thing or 2 about new babies and jewelry.

Anonymous said...

You lucky! I didnt even get a chocolate bunny for Easter.